Just Your Average Office Plant

Hello my fellow dull and stupid human beings.

Do you seriously not think twice, or even once before doing something, anything.

Especially you James.

Idiot.

I see you flirting with Karen, or more like stuttering and stammering, and then awkwardly walking away like a loser.

I also happen to see her laughing behind your back.

I mean come on.

Like your here to work not hook up with someone, that too a girl who is WAY above your standards.

And AH, you Mr. Bernard, someone else may not, but I certainly see you stealing peoples food from the office kitchen.

Okay fine I get it, your wife doesn’t like you, does not cook for you, but that does not mean that you can just take other peoples chicken from the fridge.

And oh my, Katrina, let me say, YOU, are something else.

This girl is the definition of two faced.

“Yes boss.”

“Of course boss.”

“No problem boss.”

And then as soon as Mr. Boss sir leaves, you begin  complaining like there is no tomorrow.

“He’s seriously the worst.”

“I hate this office so much.”

“Ughhh why do I have to work for these idiots.”

Ughhh why does this office have to deal with you, I wonder.

But then again I don’t blame you, though I’m not denying the fact that you are annoying.

I mean yeah, Mr. Boss sir is seriously the worst, like I mean let me tell you something, this guy refuses to give employees pay raises or advanced salaries.

(Read in a low mean voice)

“Sorry, we are short on budget.”

But hey, I see you ordering all the Chinese takeout, and renting out fancy cars for personal use, and all from the apparently low office budget.

Such a corrupt human society. Makes me sad.

OUCH!

Watch it. Seriously these people just walk right into my leaves like nobody’s business.

Can an average office plant please just get some respect.

Anyways who was I ranting about? Uh, Mr. Boss sir.

Anywho, let’s get to the office itself.

Yeah I guess it’s a nice place sort of.

I mean they don’t really bother repairing anything in the building, the coffee machine spits out the most disguising coffee ever, and the floor carpet. Yuck!

And let’s not get started on the gossip that flies around like fire, it’s just too much to tell here and now.

But at the end go the day, as employees, tired from a full day of procrastination, walk, sorry, BOLT out of the doors to go home, and the janitor comes in to clean all the mess, a peace sets over.

There is a quiet in the office, and I can finally rest my tired leaves.

This is office is just to much.

And I wait for the morning to come, so that I can get angry, over the fact that, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, WATERS ME ON TIME!!!

Feature image

One Comment Add yours

1. aliza6634 says:

Dear Noor,

I really enjoyed reading this post I liked that you took a humorous approach to your short story and the idea of showing the perspective of an average office plant I think this is a very original idea.
    I think I would just go over it one more time to add punctuation where it is needed, but other then that this is a great post!

Sincerely,
    Aliza